Thursday, March 17, 2011

Preggers Post - Week 33

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I have my own little leprechaun doing a jig in the belly right now!

I know I say this every time, but I cannot believe I'm this far along. 

It's like you find out you're preggers and think, "Oh I have plenty of time." 

And then - BAM - it's right around the corner.

Baby Smith
By now, Baby Smith is still putting on the pounds.  His pokes, kicks, and sweet dance moves are very distinct.  They don't hurt, but some of them are not exactly comfortable.  Especially the karate chops to the bladder region.  If I'm talking to you and I wince or make a face, you know what just happened. 

I'm also fairly sure that he has dropped some now.  I mean, I've been carrying low this whole time, but this is a new kind of feeling/pressure to pelvic region. 

Momma Smith
Still having some nights where I just cannot fall asleep.  It also isn't helping that the ladies have been in full waterfall effect during the night.  If it weren't happening to me, it would be a lot more humorous. 

On the up side, brushing my teeth in the morning is not quite as unpleasant, and I only gag sporatically now, not every time. 

Cravings:  Meat (still), and now Double-Stuff Oreo's.  Look, I didn't say it was healthy cravings.  What my baby wants, my baby gets. 

In Other News
I have my first baby shower this Saturday, and I'm pretty pumped.  I can't wait to hug the necks of sweet friends.  We're making our way to Huntsville for a sorority sister's wedding afterwards, where I plan on getting lots more hugs and maybe even some belly rubs from long lost pals. 

Getting all the final things ready for Harrison is making all of this even more of a reality.

We're even getting our bags ready... just in case

Almost "go" time peeps.  Hang in there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment