Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Preggers Post - Week 24

Baby Boy Smith
We're THISCLOSE to a name, I promise. 

This week, Baby Boy Smith is weighing in at just over a pound and is about as long as an ear of corn.  His face is almost fully formed, just really skinny right now. 

Momma Smith
I'm pretty sure I'm starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions.  Like, 75% sure.  These can start anywhere from 20 weeks until D-Day.  Either that, or our first childbirth class has got me paranoid.  Just to be on the safe side, I laid on my left side and drank some water.  They went away, and I hope it will be awhile before they visit again.

Let's see what else is going on... I have a new development, although I don't want to freak anyone out.  But, I'm going to try and remain honest on here and I've already googled this to remain calm myself.  But.... apparently you can start lactating during your pregnancy.  I'm not talking a lot, so don't freak out or anything.  But Sunday morning I woke up, and Mr. Smith & I were both like, "What the crap is that?"  Hello, colostrum.  Please to meet your acquaintance.  A little warning might have been nice.  And as if I didn't have anything else to worry about....

In Other News
Speaking of Childbirth Education classes, Mr. Smith and I had our first one last Thursday.  We learned lots of fun stuff like 3rd Trimester facts, preterm labor signs, important phone numbers, etc.  The most important lesson:  always be prepared.  My sentiments exactly. 

I also need to have a "Just in Case" Plan in case I go into labor at work.  Going into labor at work - ranging from my water breaking to my co-workers seeing me in pain from contractions - is about Numero Uno on my Biggest Preggers Fears list.  To add to "To Do" list:  bring change of clothes in car to work in case of said water breaking and already have a driver ready to take me to the hospital in case of said contractions beginning. 

This Thursday we get to watch "The Video" in class.  Our teacher has already warned us that these women have opted for the natural childbirth route, so not to be alarmed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment