Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Preggers Post: Week 15

Baby Smith
Baby Smith grows to the size of an apple this week. 
You'd think you could feel an apple moving around inside of you, but nope.  Nothing.  However, sometimes when I lay on my side, I do feel a pressure like something's slid down that way and pressing on that side's organs.  Not uncomfortable, just weird.

Baby Smith can also move all of his/her joints, can sense light, and is forming taste buds this week. 

Momma Smith
Sinuses = Major Inconvenience.  We're still trying to take the "No Medicine Route" but that Approved Medicine List is looking better and better.  Direct from BabyCenter.com: If your nose is stuffed up, for instance, you can probably chalk it up to the combined effect of hormonal changes and increased blood flow to your mucous membranes. This condition is so common, there's even a name for it: "rhinitis of pregnancy." Some pregnant women also suffer nosebleeds as a result of increased blood volume and blood vessel expansion in the nose.  Awesome.  I hope my co-workers won't mind if I sit here with two tissues stuffed up my nose.  I hear that's really professional.



By now I'm suppose to have gained 5 pounds.  This is a bold-faced lie, as I am 10 pounds heavier and can no longer fit into all but two of my work pants.  However, over the past couple of weeks I've hit a plateau with belly growth.  I hear this is normal, but once I hit the 20-week mark, all bets are off. 

This 20-week mark is supposedly a Big Deal.  Major belly growth, gender knowledge, and feeling the baby kick are all right around this time. 

I have now had my first "Hormonal Rage" experience of this pregnancy, and it happened at the Wal-Mart on Lakeshore last night.  Look, I get it.  It's Wal-Mart and you kind of "assume the risk" of shopping there, but I can also do our weekly grocery shopping for less than $100/week there, so it's a trade-off. 

Until last night.

When I snapped.

Two fella's that worked there were just standing in the aisle - one of the main ones, might I add - openly and inappropriately checking out the female customers.  And making inappropriate comments that were loud enough to overhear.  And I know this because I had to walk past them twice. 

And on the second time past, one fella was just hanging out in the middle of the aisle, where I had to say "Um, excuse me please" just to get by. 

Look, I just want to get in and get out with my checked off list of weekly grocery items.  Not have to hear Wal-Mart's version of the Roxbury Guys - a cruder version, that is. 

This citizen called the Store Manager.  It's not something I'm proud of.  I never do that kind of thing, but I was taking a stand.

A stand for all women who just want to get their weekly grocery shopping done and home to fix dinner on a Monday evening.

I kind of think the Store Manager got a kick out of my dramatic interpretation.  We were fast friends, and he promised to address the issue.  And I believe him, because that's what friends do. 

Don't judge me. 

Day Care Update
I now know the feeling of "Absolutely not." for a particular day care.  I won't name any names, but when you've got a feeling, girlfirend's got a feeling.  I think maybe my first day care visit just spoiled me!  We're hoping to have reserved and paid for "our spot" for next Summer by the end of this year. 

In Other News
Mr. Smith and I may have picked out our nursery furniture, and might be sauntering down this Saturday morning to check it out.  It's on Sale (Really?  Are you surprised by this with me?) and within my budget for nursery furniture, unless we get hit by something unexpectedly with its purchase.

Speaking of unexpectedly, our dishwasher started leaking last night. 
I mean, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it? 



2 comments:

  1. I want to see belly pics, PLEASE!!!!! Is that horrible of me? I just want to live vicariously through you right now! And I am so proud of you for talking to the WM store manager-that is SO something Clay would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, people at Walmart can be awful! I would have called as well!

    ReplyDelete