Last night we hosted Sister and her Hubs over for some delicious Taco Soup! With the weather turning colder every day, soup sounds better and better, right?
(Plus, it's so economical, which you know I love!)
I snatched this recipe from over on Kelly's Korner's Recipe Blog, which is fast becoming a favorite of mine. I changed it around a little, but you get the idea:
What You Need
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- (You can substitute the beans however you want; Kelly's Korner uses Ranch Style beans, but I couldn't find them)
- 1 package Taco seasoning mix
- 1 package Hidden Valley seasoning mix
What To Do
- Brown your meat and drain.
- Saute your onions a little in some butter or olive oil. We used butter.
- Combine all ingredients in a big pot and get it hot enough to boil.
- Our's looked a little hearty, so I added a couple of cans of water.
- Enjoy! We had our Taco Soup with Taco Blend Cheese and Frito's. Yum!