Friday, June 18, 2010

Will You Marry Me?

I can't believe Mr. Smith and I are almost to our one year anniversary.  Wowzers.  Time flies when you're having fun right?  Over at Kelly's Korner this Friday, people are sharing their proposal stories, so here goes!

Mr. Smith planned a romantic weekend at Blue Spring Manor Bed and Breakfast, right outside of Birmingham, AL. 



That Friday night, we enjoyed a lovely dinner on their Veranda.  It was perfectly intimate, just the two of us.  (I actually should have noticed something was up because a.) Mr. Smith was drinking more frosty beverages that usual; and b.) He kept getting up to go to the restroom.  To breathe into a brown paper bag.  Apparently to check to make sure the ring was still in his pocket. 

After dinner, Mr. Smith asked to take a walk among the garden to enjoy the sunset.  We love a good sunset, so off we went, until we reached a cute little koi pond with mutant and actually quite scary darling fish.  After sitting there chatting for a bit, Mr. Smith started a discussion about us getting married, and how he had gone to the jewelry store to snap a few pictures of rings I might be interested in.  He pulled out his camera for me to take a gander, and the picture on the camera was of Mr. Smith on one knee with The Ring. 

Still being clueless, I was like, '"Oh Mr. Smith, this one is quite lovely." And then looked up to fine Mr. Smith in person on one knee in front of me.  Looking quite nervous confident.  He proceeded to let me know all the reasons why he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, but a few phases that stood out were "You're my best friend."  "You're my rock, and you're my home."  "I want to come home to you for the rest of my life."  Sweet boy.

I said Yes (duh), and then we called our parents, family, and friends to tell them the good news.  We enjoyed a very leisurely rest of the night in our room's hot tub, sipping champagne, and fielding phone calls.  Mr. Smith got so excited he dropped his phone in the jacuzzi.  :)  Ah, the memories.

The next day, I enjoyed a manicure (hey - a girl's gotta have her nails looking good when she shows off her ring!) and we headed back to B'ham, just in time to watch the Crimson Tide defeat Clemson.  It was a fabulous weekend! 


Mr. Smith, thanks for being my pal.


And for always making me laugh.


Can't wait to watch many more sunsets with you!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet story! Ya'll make such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet- and GREAT pictures. Love y'all and wish many more blessed anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete