Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Adventures in the Kitchen Continue!

Last night Mr. Smith and I tried a new dish and were pleasantly surprised!  Creamy Dijon Pork Chops were a big hit, and I thought I'd share the deliciousness with you.

I think this recipe is from CookingLight.com, but I'm not 110% sure, ok?  I think it took about 15 minutes total to make, so it's great in case you need to whip up something fast.

Creamy Dijon Pork Chops

You'll Need:
  • Pork Chops (duh)  We used 2. 
  • Dijon Mustard (1 1/2 tablespoons)
  • Chicken Broth (1/3 cup)
  • Half & Half (1/3 cup)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Cooking spray

What To Do:
  1. Spray your skillet with some cooking spray and let it get hot on your stove, on like Medium High.  While this is happening, salt & pepper your pork chops.
  2. Once hot, place pork chops in skillet and brown on each side for about 4 minutes.
  3. Remove pork chops, put on plate and in the microwave to keep warm.
  4. Pour Chicken Broth in skillet and stir.
  5. Stir in Half & Half and Dijon Mustard.  Lower heat to Low and let simmer for about 7-8 minutes.  It will thicken up by the end of the simmering.
  6. Pour gravy over pork chops and enjoy the deliciousness. I served with rice and green beans.  Huge hit!  Score!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part is 'on like medium high'.
    Can I get a collection of tried and true recipes say, on Nov. 1?

    ReplyDelete