Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Preggers Post - Week 20

Preggers Post - Week 20!

We're halfway there, people!  It's all downhill from here, right? 

Why does everyone laugh when I say that? 

Baby Boy Smith
This week grows to the size of a cantaloupe.  Since this week's "What to Expect" was about the growth of Baby's, er, "boy" parts, I'll spare you the details. 

Still no name. Good Lord, this is hard!

I can for sure feel the Baby inside now.  However, all you liars out there who said sweet things like it would feel like butterflies or bubbles are on my naughty list.  It literally feels like a cantaloupe is hanging out in my pelvic region.  And which sometimes shifts over to my left or right side. 

Did I mention my frequent bathroom trips?  See above paragraph for why this is so. 

Momma Smith
Things I miss halfway through:
1.  Normal morning teeth brushing
2.  Full night's sleep (going to bathroom at least twice a night still)
3.  Sleeping on my tummy
4.  I would kill for some sushi
5.  Buttoning my pants
6.  My strong stomach - if I get one "wrong" bite of something, I'm done.  And you'll probably have to watch me sitting there trying not to lose it at the table.  I hear it's an attractive show.  Ask Mr. Smith or Mother about it. 

But I digress. 

Things I'm loving:
1.  Maternity clothes
2.  Elastic waistbands
3.  A good excuse for 2, 3, 4 helpings at meals
4.  McDonald's Oreo McFlurries
5.  My new maternity black tights, which I broke out this week.  My "normal" tights were rolling down my stomach during the day.  Not exactly comfortable.  Or self-esteem building. 
6.  My tummy butter - my stomach's starting to stretch and I can feel it, I swear it.  And itch.  A lot.  Or I just have fleas, which is a possibility since Cooper sleeps with us now. (Special thanks to Mr. Smith for that addition to the bed.) 

New Developments
1.  We picked up our nursery furniture this weekend!  Special thanks to Brother-in-Law for his muscular assistance.  It's still in boxes, because we're planning on moving furniture and painting within the next few weeks.  No sense in getting it out and getting it dinged or spotted with blue paint, right? 

2.  We're done with the Daycare Child Development Center selection!  Whew!  Huge load off my shoulders.  We have a guaranteed spot next summer as of this week (once Grandmother Daycare is finished), plus we'll be on a waiting list for Mr. Smith's work daycare Child Development Center.  Just in case. 

3.  Mr. Smith and I have registered for Childbirth Education Classes at the hospital.  This five week course will be once a week, for about 2 hours.  We'll cover everything from the third trimester, to labor & delivery, to breathing exercises, to newborn care.  We start next month. 

I may have to buy a new notebook I'm so excited. 

Did I ever mention how nerdy I am?  The above sentence should clear up any confusion on that part.  If not, then my Netflix Queue of "The Baby Whisperer" and "The Happiest Baby on the Block" should solidify any questions. 

4.  I've officially been put on a spending freeze by Mr. Smith for Baby.  Maybe I'll snap a picture of his closet and let you see it for evidentiary support. 

Maybe not.  I'm a little embarrassed. 

But, I mean, is he just supposed to run around naked?  I think not, Mr. Smith. 
I.  Think.  Not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment