Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Perspective Amidst the Holiday Madness

The Holiday Madness is upon us, folks.  We're running here, there and everywhere in between this week and next, visiting friends and family, and all in all having a swell time. 

This week, Mr. Smith and I had our annual Gateway Junior Board Christmas Party, last night I had dinner with Mrs. "Snuggles" Bremmerman, tonight we're catching our breath, and tomorrow we enter another Weekend Whirlwind of Christmas and Engagement parties. 

Next week promises just as many holiday hoopla's, so watch out! 
Don't get snagged into this tornado of fun. 

Amidst all this craziness, is a five month pregnant woman trying to get her bearings.  And learning to catch her breath when she can't run quite as fast as she use to, to the next event. 

And the sporadic crying spurts don't help either. 

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" was on the radio this week and I promptly burst into tears in the car.  Luckily I was by myself, otherwise I'm sure Mr. Smith would have had me committed to the looney bin. 

Something about being pregnant at Christmas, hearing the Christmas Story, and being able to actually emphathize with Mary is rocking my world.

What she must have been feeling, not just as an expectant mother, but as the expectant mother of...um... the Messiah is quite the shock to the system. 

What kind of pregnancy was it?  Did she get sick in the mornings?  Did she crave certain foods?  I mean, my seatbelt's starting to be uncomfortable, so how was that camel ride in the cold? 

Did she worry just as much as me if she would be any good at this at all?

Oh, Mary.  I hear you, girl. 

And thank you for helping me keep this all in perspective. 

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3




2 comments:

  1. Love this. We went to special music at church last night, and just to sit still and listen to the words and reflect on the meaning of the season was incredibly refreshing. Even beat cake balls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Thanks for sharing. You are such a precious mommy-to-be!

    ReplyDelete