Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm no Julia Child, but this dish was awesome...

Adventures in the kitchen continue!  I successfully made Poppyseed Chicken, and Mr. Smith said It. Was. Awesome.  Music to my ears! 

Little did I know how easy it was to make! 


Poppyseed Chicken



You'll need the following:
About 2 cups of cooked chicken breast
1 cup sour cream (I used low fat)
2 cans Cream of Chicken
1 stick butter, melted
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
Poppyseeds


Cook chicken thoroughly and then chop into bite size pieces.  Place in 9X13 casserole dish. 



Mix together sour cream, Cream of Chicken, and melted butter, then pour over chicken.



Crush Ritz crackers and sprinkle on top.
Sprinkle with Poppyseeds.
Pop into oven and cook on 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.



Delicious! 
And dinners like this are the exact reason I weigh 500 pounds now that we're married. 
 I can't help it... I like cooking every night! 
P.S.  Those green beans are home-grown and canned by my parents from our farm. 


I'm leaving tomorrow for Miss Suzanne Kirk's Bachelorette Par-tay in Chattanooga, TN.  Never been there, so this should be fun!  Will post appropriate pictures upon my return.  Mr. Smith (and Cooper) are headed to T-Town for Easter weekend, and they will have to hunt Easter eggs without me!  Good luck guys! 

Before I forget, these monsters would like to say hi:

Miss Thang


Cooper with new toy, Duckie, which I bought Monday at approx. 5:30 p.m.
Duckie was mutilated at approx. 6:05 p.m. which is why Coop looks a little sheepish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment