Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cooper makes a friend!

Last night we had over a Miss Wolfe, a Mr. Searson, and a Namath Clark Griswald Wolfe.  The latter being one beast of a bulldog, who weighs approximately 105 pounds.  I kid, I kid.  But he really weighs around 50-60 pounds.  Kind of like a stocky, portable, bowling ball.  All muscle, I'm sure. 

Cooper wasn't real sure how to act with this visitor.  He was a little skittish, but they bonded and were friends for life.  Actually, they bonded a little too much, but I won't get into that show of "dominance" as Mr. Searson put it. 

Here's a pic Mr. Smith snapped with his phone to display the sheer beast of Namath.  Amazing.




We enjoyed pork chops on the grill, potatoes au gratin, Spring Salad, and broke some bread.  Also finishing off the dinner were some pretty delectable Cake Balls, supplied by Miss Wolfe.  It was Murano-Bration 2010, to celebrate Miss Wolfe's diligence in paying off her Murano.  Kudos to her!  I was so inspired that I declared to Mr. Smith we would be paying off my car by the end of 2010.  He looked skeptical.  Maybe it was the 2 glasses of wine I had finished off by then that fueled my fire?  

Anywho...  this is a mission I'm ready to accomplish.  Clearly Mr. Smith needs to see a Feasibility Study with my Excel spreadsheet prowess.  Don't you worry... I will have it for him by 5pm tomorrow.  :)  And now that the mission is posted on the Blog, I feel like we've got to accomplish it. 

What's that Spring Salad recipe, you say?  It's from Sis-in-Law, so I'm giving the rightful citation to her.  I changed it just a smidgeon, but either way is delicious-in-your-belly.

Delicious Spring Salad Recipe!

  • Spring Mix of Lettuce (organic)

  • Dried Cranberries

  • Feta crumbles (Sister uses goat cheese; either one are to die for)

  • Walnuts (Sisters uses pecans, but walnuts were cheaper.)

  • Green grapes (A last minute addition from yours truly)

  • Toss it all in some Balsamic Vinaigrette

Heaven!  Thank you Sister!

1 comment:

  1. Namath hearts Cooper, and is looking forward to their next rendezvous.

    ReplyDelete