Friday, October 15, 2010

October Girls Night Out...

...was last night and lots of tears were shed.  From sheer laughter, that is.  I don't know why we all torture ourselves over the re-telling of college stories.... specifically those of a Spring Break theme.  I swear my sides still hurt from laughing so hard.  Overall theme?  "What were we thinking???"  Exactly. 

But I love those memories (most of them), and I love those gals.  I think Mrs. Wallace summed it up best when she said something along the lines of it's hard to get embarrassed about your own "stories" when you know every gal sitting there has one just like it.  Or something like that.  I'm paraphrasing.  But it's true!  To be able to sit there and take a trip down memory lane with these girls (which was almost 10 whole years ago, as Mrs. Rowlen pointed out), is something to be cherished.

We tried out Chuy's, a new TexMex restaurant at The Summit.  Verrrrrrry nice.  Verrrrrrrrrry yummy.  Verrrrrrrrrrrrry cold on their balcony.  I had the heater on full blast on the way home, which was around 8:30pm.  Did I mention we're getting older? 


Mr. Smith is taking me on a Date Night tonight, that he planned all by himself.  I know we're seeing "Life As We Know It" but that's about it.  I can't wait!  Sometimes we forget to actually take a night for just the two of us, so I'm pretty pumped at the opportunity.  Tomorrow we head down to T-Town for the Alabama Homecoming Game.  After last week's "Day of Darkness" which I have not and will not talk about, here's hoping for a better showing from my beloved Tide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment