Monday, July 25, 2011

Things I'm Loving These Days...

There are certain things that, as a new mommy, I'm loving something fierce these days.

Or, as a fabulous pal often says, "Pink Puffy Heart-ing" something. 

These things make my life easier, more economical, and give me a good giggle every once and a while.  They may or may not do all three, but usually they hit at least two out of the three. 

1.  AmazonMom.com - um, hello lovah.  I've signed up for the Subscribe and Save for their diapers.  You save 30% off by being a mommy and by signing up for regular shipments.  They are - by far - the cheapest route to go.  And since H goes through 10-12 diapers a day, my hoarding stash dwindled down in a hurry. 

And, if you don't need your monthly shipment, you just log right in there to ole Amazon and say "Wait until next month folks." 

And it's not just diapers.  They have everything, so we subscribed to a monthly toliet paper delivery as well. 

It's an exciting day when Pampers and Angel Soft visit our home. 

Don't be jealous of the glamorous life of the Smiths. 


2.  Publix.  I've managed to stay on track with the New Year's Resolution of couponing and saving moola, and I have Publix - specifically Iheartpublix.com - to thank for it.  I've gotten it down to about $50/week for groceries.  Still a long way to go, but I'll take what I can get right now.  Sitting there cutting out coupons and planning meals bi-weekly isn't easy with an adorable Pork Chop watching from his lamb swing. 

3.  Friends with buns in the oven.  Obviously I'm not going to name names here, but apparently Mr. Smith and I are contagious.  If you're thinking about jumping on the Baby Train, eat or drink after one of us.  I am LOVING the fact that so many of my nearest and dearest are jumping aboard this adventure (whether planned or not). 

4.  Russell Brand.  Why?  I have no idea.  I've commented on my adoration for him before, but we recently watched "Arthur" and I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard.  Russell, call me. I want to hang. 

5.  The USA Network.  I'm usually not a big fan of cable television, but with the absolute drought in good TV these days, I've been leaning on USA a lot.  Cue Covert Affairs, Necessary Roughness, and Suits.  I'm a smitten kitten.  Obviously we're not getting out a lot these days, so I've built up quite the routine with USA. 

6.  B-feeding with my Medela Freestyle Pump.  Yes, there's a post coming about this topic; I'm just trying to edit it so I don't simultaneously scare potential b-feeders away/horrify my mother for talking so candidly.  However, since H acts like we're trying to feed him cat urine when we try to sneak in a formula bottle, this is what we're sticking with for now.  My pump is amazing, and I will be forever thankful for Mrs. Wagner for this slice of heaven.  And the ability to freeze and store for the future.  And the ease of using a bottle with it.  And that it is free.  God sure knew what He was doing in this department!  I could go on and on, but I'll save it for later. 

7.  Dee Dee and Nanny Suz at-home daycare services.  Everyone should have grandmother and bestie like these two.  They have single-handedly provided us with a precious gift this summer by watching H.  Dee Dee drives down from Cullman almost every single day to spend time with her special fella, and on the days she couldn't, Nanny Suz (that's Mrs. Carroll, to everyone else) eagerly opened her arms for some daytime snuggling.  These ladies bought us 6 weeks of fabulous one-on-one care for H-Man, allowing him to get a little bit (or a lotta bit) stronger before big daycare starts.  And it hasn't hurt that's it's been free, either. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl, it's Cissy! I am one of your blog stalkers...ha! I have a blog but I am no where near as good as you. http://www.lemoinehq.blogspot.com/

    Anyways, I am bfeeding my 11 week old and I have a little trick that might help you. My supply isn't really meeting demand these days so my pediatrician (who is a bfeeding mom) suggested that I add an ounce or two of formula to my usual bottles. After a two weeks time my little one is much more accepting of formula. It seems mixing the two has helped her to slowly get used to the formula. Love the blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cissy! Thanks for reading! We've actually tried to mix the formula + mommy milk with H. It worked at first, but then I think H realized what we were doing and would have none of it. :)

    ReplyDelete