Friday, July 15, 2011

One of those days...

Yesterday I had "one of those days." 

You know them - when you just can't catch a break. 

The Smith's have been feeling like this a lot lately - we're gearing up to put our house on the market.

Who knew you had to spend a fortune getting it ready for this? 

To say we were blindsided by the endless "To Do" lists is a bit of an understatement.

We've heard both good and bad stories about the current real estate market, but the truth is we're bursting at the seams in our little home. 

We're trying to remain realistically optimistic about everything. 

But it's hard when days like yesterday happen. 

The best part of yesterday was starting to run home for lunch, to b-feed H, when a car pulled up beside me at the red light, motioned for me to roll down my window, and yelled "Gurl, your tire is completely flat."

Awesome.  And you know the whole tire had to be replaced.

So I spent my lunch at Goodyear Tire, which wasn't that bad because they did replace it super fast.

But still. 

We're not exactly growing a money tree in the backyard or anything (we can't even grow tomatoes...).

And I count on my little lunches with H these days - both for the "ladies" sake and my sake mentally.  

The gals were not prepared for such a delay. 
(I've got a post coming soon... maybe titled "Adventures in B-Feeding" that is sure to have y'all laughing hysterically.  Because you know if it can happen, it's happened to me.  Probably more than once.)

But... being realistically optimistic, I managed to squeeze out a prayer of gratitude for the mystery woman/guardian angel who sounded the alarm for my flat tire. 

I'm sure I-65 would not have been so nice to me at 70 mph with a blown-out tire. 

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day... and not "one of those days." 

No comments:

Post a Comment