Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Happiness Project - What I'm Reading Right Now

I'm making my way through "The Happiness Project" right now, by Gretchen Rubin.

And by "making my way" I mean trying to catch 30 minutes of reading while shoveling in some lunch at work. 



So far, so good.  
I like what I see.

Gretchen sums up what we all find ourselves doing in those "off moments" - I have all the ingredients of what is suppose to make me happy, but am I?  Or why am I not happier with life?

She takes an initiative, pairs it with a month's time, then devotes a chapter to it. 
I'm about half-way through it, so I'll come back and chat later, but here's some of what has stuck with me:

"Act the way you want to feel."

And... I'm trying to take this and her other suggestions as actionable items for my own life:
I'm singing in the morning to wake up H, albeit badly.
I'm taking the time to be silly.
I de-cluttered some areas around the house that I had been avoiding eye contact with.

I'm pumped about her other chapters, as well.

As she quotes in the book, 'The days are long, but the years are short."
Amen, Sista. 

Let's start appreciating and enjoying it more.





No comments:

Post a Comment