Monday, February 6, 2012

29 (Gulp)

This weekend I turned 29. 

The age everyone dreads because it's your last year before turning the grand old age of 30.

I remember when I was little, I always wanted to be "30-something."

Because, you know, once you're in your 30's you have everything figured out, just like the show "30 Something" portrayed.

My mom would be quick to tell you I've acted like a 30-year-old my whole life, that I probably get more middle-aged every year.  :) 

Mr. Smith treated me to a night out for the occasion, and took me to a lovely birthday dinner at Cafe Dupont

It was so nice to actually look like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and not so much "Tired Mommy and Daddy" for a couple of hours, as T & MiMi watched H-Man for us.

We dined on some pretty delectable dishes, including Fried Green Tomatoes with Grilled Shrimp, a Cheese Sampler Platter, Pork Tenderloin, New York Strip, and Grouper. 

With beignets and a Godiva chocolate martini for me for dessert. 

YUM.
(Don't think the thought of "I should have worn my maternity pants" didn't cross my mind.)

Thank you Mr. Smith for a fabulous birthday dinner!


Yesterday was back to reality with some Hamburger Helper for dinner. 
It's all about the give and take, people. 
And the fact that I snagged it for 95 cents at Publix.










No comments:

Post a Comment