Thursday, April 7, 2011

Preggers Post - Week 36

Never fear... we're still here.

Although it didn't look like it yesterday afternoon, starting around 3:30pm. 

Momma Smith starting getting some major contractions at work. 

Like, intense enough to turn my face bright red and get some pretty splotches on my chest.  Intense enough for me to act like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get stuff divided and conquered, so there wouldn't be unfinished business left unattended.  And enough for me to tell some of my co-workers... I think this is it.  Pray for me. 

Intense enough for Mr. Smith and myself to go ahead and pack our bags yesterday evening.

And intense enough to keep me up most of the night in a haze. 

So...  you guessed it.  Momma Smith spent the day in house arrest on bed rest. 

It might not have alarmed us quite as much, if we hadn't had our doctor's appointment on Monday, where when the doctor measured my stomach, it had shrunk 3 centimeters, down to 30 centimeters.  (Last time it was 33; this time was suppose to be 35-37).  Perplexed, the doctor said, "Um, most women don't shrink during pregnancy.  Have you felt him drop?"  Which I totally had... and totally said last Preggers Post, remember?  Women know their bodies, peeps.

The doctor then examined me and proclaimed, "Yep!  There he is.  I can touch his head.  You're at least 2 centimeters dilated.  You're looking at a delivery within 2 weeks." 

Okay, so I was expecting to maybe to be at 1 cm.  Maybe.  But 2cm?  With a touch of his head?  With an accelerated due date?  I'm sure our faces were priceless.  I was told to take it easy for the rest of the week and not to do anything at all. 

Which is exactly what you don't want to hear when you have a To Do List.  And maybe I didn't follow those directions.  Maybe.  So, lesson learned.  Momma Smith is not doing anything except sitting and laying down for the next few days.  So, I'm a load of fun.  Loads.  And I'm sure my brain has been permanently fried from all the riveting daytime television I soaked up today, ranging from a Real Housewives marathon to Kim & Kourtney Take New York (why are these people famous again?) 



No comments:

Post a Comment