Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"I Heart My Husband" Banana Pudding

With Mr. Smith gone turkey hunting for four days over the past weekend, I decided to surprise him with a Welcome Home present that would never make him want to leave me again for that long, especially when 36 weeks pregnant

Banana Pudding!

Maybe it was the 9,348 casseroles that Mom and I made and froze, but I was in the cookin' mood. 

Here's the recipe for "I Heart My Husband Banana Pudding" or "Easy Banana Pudding," whatever floats your boat. 

You'll Need
(this makes a large 9X13 casserole dish)
1 box Nilla Wafers
At least 3-4 bananas
1 can Eagle Brand milk
8 oz. cream cheese (whipped!)
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 large container Cool Whip

What To Do
Mix milk, whipped cream cheese, Eagle Brand milk, and instant pudding mix until thick.  If your cream cheese is not mixing like you want it and you are getting frustrated with the lumps that will not go away, pop your mix in the microwave and heat it for a few seconds.  Then stir again. 

In your casserole dish, line the bottom with Nilla wafers. 
Place sliced up bananas on Nilla wafers.
Spread mixture over bananas.
Make another layer of Nilla wafers and bananas on top of mixture.
Top with Cool Whip.

I also like to decorate mine with a wafer border.  See below. 

I'm adamantly pro-Nilla wafer, so the more the merrier in my book!

Refrigerate for a couple of hours (preferably overnight) to let it "set." 


No comments:

Post a Comment