Monday, June 24, 2013

Sassy Boney


If you have a child between the ages of 0 to 5, then I'm sure you're familiar with Disney's Sharky and Bones, the "Greek chorus" of the cartoon Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Otherwise lovingly called "Sassy Boney" by H.

He LOVES Sassy Boney.

And "Sassy Boney" is an improvement and after much work of what he was calling it - 
"Sexxxxy Bones."  

H loves to watch Sassy Boney on any iPhone, iPad, or TV he can find.

So you can imagine my delight when we'd be out at a restaurant or other public place, and he would yelled, "Sexxxxy Bones!  I want Sexxxxy Bones!" while grabbing whomever was closest iPhone. (You can't make this stuff up, folks.)

Should I be mildy alarmed that my two-year-old seems obsessed with two grown white men dresses as pirates?

Probably.

But I'm not alarmed enough to stop using them to cinch his temper tantrums, keep him entertained while out to eat or grocery shopping, or provide a family-friendly barrier to whatever else he could be watching.

Sassy Boney is a part of our family, whether we like it or not.

And don't think that myself, Daddy, DeeDee, PawPaw, T, and MiMi haven't learned their dance routines.

Because we have.  


No comments:

Post a Comment