Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Been 10 Years?

Regardless if I can believe it or not, the Cullman Bearcats of 2001 are celebrating our 10 Year High School Reunion this Saturday night. 

Wowzers.

In some ways high school feels like just yesterday and yet a lifetime ago.


I'm lucky that I've been able to stay tight with my four ladies from the glory days, and thanks to facebook, spy on everyone else keep updated with everyone else I've graduated with. 

I'm also lucky that I can look back at my high school years with 95% fondness, 5% awkwardness.  (But, at the time, I'm sure it was the reversal.)

But a 10 Year Reunion?  Say it isn't so. 

I guess growing up you think that at your 10 Year Reunion you will be SO. OLD. 

I'm sure the cult classic "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" didn't help me in this matter. 

Out of curiosity, I looked up the Top Songs of 2001 - because nothing takes you back to a specific memory like a song, right? 

What do these hits of 2001 remind you of on this glorious Friday?

1.  Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera Lil Kim, Pink, Mya
2.  Fallin' - Alicia Keys
3.  I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez
4.  Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
5.  Butterfly - Crazy Town
6.  Thank You - Dido
7.  Don't Tell Me - Madonna
8.  He Loves U Not - Dream
9. Gone - N'Sync
10.  Love Don't Cost a Thing - Jennifer Lopez 

And... just for fun... remember these classical hits from my high school days? 

Composition of pure musical genius right?

1.  Bootylicious - Destiny's Child
2.  Get Your Freak On - Missy Elliott
3.  Ride Wit Me - Nelly
4.  Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
5.  Kiss the Rain - Billie Meyers
6.  Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
7.  Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls
8.  Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera
9.  Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
10.  Back That Thang Up - Juvenile
11.  Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) - Jay Z
12.  Summer Girls - LFO
13.  Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
14.  No Scrubs - TLC
15.  Thong Song - Sisquo

Don't think I didn't cringe typing some of these in here. 

By the way... where are some of these artists now? 



No comments:

Post a Comment