Thursday, August 4, 2011

Guess what...

... I did last Saturday?

I chopped my hair off.

Five inches to be exact.

Exhibit A:


Ignore the quality and facial expression of this picture.  Mom snapped it on her phone last night in C-town, and I think my expression says it all.  Please also ignore the fact that I had four hours of sleep the night before.  And the fact that this is at the end of a long day.  Ok?  Thanks peeps.

Why the bob?

I'm a fan of a good clean, crisp bob as much as the next person.  So, when I snagged a Groupon to the swanky Richard Joseph salon I figured it was high time for a sassy new do. 
It also has nothing to do with the fact that my 10 Year High School Reunion is this weekend and I'm vain enough to want to look good for it. 

Let's chat my salon experience, shall we?

I'm no salon snob, and I've been guilty of popping in to the nearby HeadStart lately for a quick trim. 

I heard you gasp. 

They usually do a fine, quick job with the ole mane, but last time upon return home I found a chunk missing on the left side. 

Enter:  Groupon for Richard Joseph.

Since I was clearly out of my element at the swanky place, I was a bit nervous so I left H-man at home with Daddy for some mommy time. 

Then I was relieved when I got there and saw a sign on the door that said "Children in salon by appointment only."  Whew.  Dodged a bullet there. 

Upon sign-in, I was directed to a Cafe to wait for Zaque, my stylist.
Out of my comfort zone, I didn't know what to do in said Cafe, where the featured chef was cooking up something fierce that smelled delicious.  Do I pay?  Is it complimentary?  Who knew.  I sure didn't, so I passed when offered a plate. 

With Zaque's arrival, I was immediately put at ease.  Here was an extremely nice young man who guided me over to the shampoo area.

Where I turned to putty. 

And perhaps drooled a little as he massaged my neck and head. 

Oh, Sweet Lord.  I automatically added moola to his tip.

Next we ventured to his Chair of Creativity (my title, not his), where he lied through his teeth said I resembled Olivia Wilde. 

His tip then doubled. 

After an hour and a half of the Boy Genius, I waltzed out of there like a new woman. 

Gracias Zaque, and I will see you again in 8 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment