Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Winter Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Monday!  Mr. Smith and I enjoyed a lovely Winter Wonderland weekend doing absolutely nothing.  Friday night we ventured out to eat at The Veranda on Highland and promptly made a "180 on 280" on the way there due to the ice.  I'm not sure if anyone else ventured out that night, but it was really scary.  Cars lined the medians and the police were out in full force trying to prevent people from risking their lives. 

The Veranda on Highland is a great, unique spot that's really an older historic home. 



We ate quickly to get home as fast as possible, but while we were at The Veranda, dined on the following delectable dishes:
  • Sauteed of Louisiana Crawfish (this was more Mr. Smith than me, I did try one bite though!)
  •  Chopped Romaine Salad with Diced Tomatoes, Pressed Egg, Bacon Lardons and Shaved Cheese tossed in a Black Pepper Buttermilk Dressing
  • Certified Hereford Ribeye with Creole Smashed New Potatoes, House Made Worcestershire and Crispy Sweet Onions

It was delicious!  We highly recommend it; however next time I would get the Filet and not the Ribeye.  Their house made worcestershire is to die for!  We can't wait to go back and really enjoy the "veranda" aspect of the restaurant once warmer weather comes around.  They have a delicious looking brunch menu that would be perfect for after-church Sunday dining. 

I have some really great pictures of The Pooper's first snow adventure; however, I'm still learning the ropes on my new camera so I'm a little slow with uploading those pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment