Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fare Thee Well, Summer

Fare Thee Well, Summer.

As I'm sitting here smelling my delicious new Pumpkin Spice candle and cooking Taco Soup in the crock pot, I feel like I'm walking steadfastly toward Fall.

While ignoring the fact that it's 90 degrees outside and I soaked up one last sunny Saturday at the Farm and Pool yesterday.  

You were good to us, Summer!

Beach vacations, Mr. Smith's mission trip to Africa, Baby Elizabeth's arrival, wedding anniversaries, trips to the Zoo with pals, and weekends at the Farm.

Sigh.  

But I love Fall. 

I love the crispy mornings, 
boots and scarves, 
soups and chili, 
the brilliant colors of the leaves.

Picking out pumpkins, Halloween, then Thanksgiving.

Not to mention Alabama Football!

Thank you for the memories, Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment