Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Funny Bits

I think we can agree that it's the funny bits in life that make the world go round.

Since H was born, some people have remarked with a "Oh, she's so pretty." To which I usually just smile and say thanks. 

And he is.  Pretty that is.  I think it's the blue eyes?
Maybe because I dress him in pink dresses?
I kid, I kid.
Not in public, of course.

However, lately, I've started to get myself a laugh out of the situation by making the other person feel awkward. 

Case in point:
Out to lunch with H and Aunt Suz, a waitress bends over and says, "Oh!  She is so pretty.  Look at those eyes!  What's her name?"

I mean, I could have corrected her.  Or done something nice.  But I was feeling particularly mischevious that day and calmly replied with a "Her name is Harrison Edward." 

To which she stuttered and mumbled, "Oh... that's so pretty." 
And quickly hightailed it out of there.

And Aunt Suz almost fell out of her chair.

Is that mean? 
You've gotta get your kicks somewhere, right? 

Let me introduce you to... Suri's Burn Book.
I found it and read the entire thing this weekend.
If there's one thing I can't pass up, it's a commentary "written" by a 5-year-old dripping with disdain.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great idea! People always think Crawford is a girl.

    ReplyDelete