Sunday, June 22, 2014

Harrison @ Three

With all the focus on our newest nugget, I don't want to forget Mr. Harrison's entry at 3-years-old.

This kid.... THIS KID.... keeps me on my toes.  

He's full of energy, from the time he wakes until we can finally get him to sleep, which sometimes reaches 10pm.  This guy is running at full speed most of the time, jumping off of things, jumping onto things, jumping on the bed, jumping on the couch, jumping... everywhere.  You get the idea.  I have a heart attack at least once a day when I hear big thud.  I hold my breath until I hear either laughter or crying - usually it's pure laughter and a "Mom! Watch me - that was awesome!"  

Luckily, about 90% of the time, he is awesome - sweet and affectionate. He loves giving kisses and hugs to his loved ones, and is so very protective and precious of Baby Brother.  His teachers say he is naturally sweet to his classroom friends, as well as the teachers' pet.  

But that 10%.... oh that 10%.... is pure toddler terrorism.  
There's several moments he spends in full out tantrum, and then consequently the time-out corner.  

And we've entered the "Why?" phrase after anything that Mr. Smith and I say.
Where I have replied, "Because I said so!" more times than I can count.

He's so smart, and knows his colors, alphabet, and numbers, as well as surprises us with things like moving at warp speed through the iPhones.  He also recited the Pledge of Allegiance the other day, catching me completely off guard.  

He's still a picky eater, and while his school claims he eats "all or most" for morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack (LIES), it's rough to get him to eat anything but his faves on the weekend, which include cinnamon rolls and all other sweets.  We're big fans of Pediasure around here, and still give him small helpings of whatever I fix for dinner.... to minimal results most of the time.

He is still a huge fan of anything Disney Junior, and now he's branched out to Clifford the Big Red Dog, as well as Paw Patrol and Dora on Nick, Jr.  

He's also a big fan of old gospel music, thanks to Martin's grandfather, Pop, who sings in a men's gospel quartet.  We must always be playing "Pop's CD" in the car, and you can catch H singing such tunes as  "Count Your Blessings" and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" around the house.  

We love you Big Guy!  

1 comment:

  1. How stunning article! I really enjoyed a lot reading this. I can understand how busy your days are! I also have a four years old daughter. She is full of energy and keeps running here and there. Well I am going to host a kid’s party for my daughter and her friends. I have been seeking the suggestions for best kid’s party venues in San Francisco. Could you please help me?

    ReplyDelete