I saw a recipe for "Irish Chicken and Dumplings" recently on my new favorite recipe site -
How authentic! Original! Getting back to way of the rustic Irish kitchen!
... I first thought.
And then I saw the "Cream of Chicken" soup requirement.
Nevertheless, I pushed onward and delivered a hearty meal in the Smith kitchen this weekend.
Of course, I made some changes to make it a faster recipe:
1. 2 Cans Cream of Chicken
2. 3 cups water
3. 1 cup chopped celery
4. 2 onions - I only used one.
5. Salt and Pepper
5. Poultry seasoning - I didn't use this.
6. 4 Chicken Breasts - I used a pack of 3.
7. 5 Carrots - I just threw in some baby carrots.
8. 1 package frozen green peas
9. 4 potatoes, quartered - I just used 2 (peeled and quartered).
10. Homemade Dumplings - I cheated and used a can of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, just cut them up.
It did take a little over 2 hours to do, but I did it in a pot like they said and not the crock pot. I'm sure it could be easily thrown in the crock pot for a couple of hours on low, and then you could throw in the peas and dumplings at the end.
Either way... YUM.
And it makes a ton... enough for two nights of dinners.
Three cheers for the Irish!