Sunday, August 19, 2012

Irish Chicken & Dumplings

I saw a recipe for "Irish Chicken and Dumplings" recently on my new favorite recipe site - 

How authentic!  Original!  Getting back to way of the rustic Irish kitchen!
... I first thought.

And then I saw the "Cream of Chicken" soup requirement.

Nevertheless, I pushed onward and delivered a hearty meal in the Smith kitchen this weekend.

Of course, I made some changes to make it a faster recipe:
1.  2 Cans Cream of Chicken
2.  3 cups water
3.  1 cup chopped celery
4.  2 onions - I only used one.
5.  Salt and Pepper
5.  Poultry seasoning - I didn't use this.
6.  4 Chicken Breasts - I used a pack of 3.
7.  5 Carrots - I just threw in some baby carrots.
8.  1 package frozen green peas
9.  4 potatoes, quartered - I just used 2 (peeled and quartered).
10.  Homemade Dumplings - I cheated and used a can of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, just cut them up.

It did take a little over 2 hours to do, but I did it in a pot like they said and not the crock pot.  I'm sure it could be easily thrown in the crock pot for a couple of hours on low, and then you could throw in the peas and dumplings at the end. 

Your call.

Either way... YUM.

And it makes a ton... enough for two nights of dinners.

Three cheers for the Irish!



No comments:

Post a Comment