Monday, March 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Greetings, Readers!
I'm back from a truly fabulous week abroad in Poland.

I have so many pictures and stories for you, but let's take things one step at a time.
I say it's always best to start with the humorous, right?

Just in case you're thinking of visiting Poland in the near future, there are some things to know.

1.  They LOVE America.  I mean, LOVE IT.  The 1980s America, to be more precise.  Power Suits, 80's music.... even Chuck Norris.  The people are so polite and in every store wanted to try out their English on us.  And since that sounded tremendously better than our butchered "Southen English" Polish... we let them. 


2.  They are as excited about The Hunger Games as well.


3.  80's Music was on every station.  Knock me over with a feather.  It was a home away from home.  Yes, that's a Guns-N-Roses billboard in the background.


4.  Just in case you get trapped in the Amsterdam Airport for, say, 7 hours... pick you up some Sticks & Brezels.  They were a lifesaver.  And multiplied.  It was a bottomless pit.  Well worth the 10 Euro. 


5.  You say tomato...
I say...tomaten.


Tons more to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment