Friday, September 17, 2010

Lofty Goals

I've got some goals for this weekend, kids.  Some real, lofty ones.  Ones that I've put on the backburner for awhile now.  And since it's an away Alabama football game, that gives the Smith's a weekend at home for some serious errands knock-out.  And by Smiths, I mean, of course, Mrs. Smith, as Mr. Smith has already conveyed to me his own lofty goals for the weekend.  They consist of Cooper, AL football, frosty beverages, and grillin'.  Hmmm. 

To Do this Weekend
1.  Haircut.  Don't tell anyone, but it's been 9 1/2 weeks since my last haircut.  My dead ends are screaming at me, and I think people at work are wondering why I keep wearing it pulled back in a messy knot.  I am trying - I repeat, trying - to grow it out for Locks of Love again. 

2.  Oil Change.

3.  Clean Out Fridge.  Don't even get me started on this one. 

4.  Clean out Closets to swap out Summer clothes for Fall/Winter ones.  Yes, it's still in the mid-90's here, and the Weatherman is insisting it will be that way for a couple more weeks.  But I just cannot wear the "Big No's" after Labor Day: white, linen, seersucker, Springy pastels, etc.  I'm not saying I'm going to bust out the wool and tweed next week, but surely I've got some happy medium's in there somewhere. 

5.  Start a pile for Hannah Home - again.  I swear I do this 3-4 times a year.  I don't know where this stuff comes from.  Attempt to put some of Mr. Smith's "stuff" into said pile.  Mr. Smith has "hoarding" tendencies (he comes by it honestly though... ahem Father-in-Law), and there are still boxes he has yet to go through and unpack from his big move-in last summer, there are still some polo shirts I see hanging in there that I know he hasn't worn in years, and there are still some drawers with "clutter" in them that need to be organized. 

6.  Attend super fun "Lo Country Boil" for the Soon-To-Be-Searsons.  Got them a cute wedding gift for the shower, but I'll show it to y'all later.  I don't want them to see it beforehand!

7.  Church. 

8.  Vulcan AfterTunes at Vulcan Park on Sunday afternoon.  Work is a community sponsor, and we'll be having a water bottle table there, which will be manned by moi. 

What are your Big Plans for the weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment